Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Getting Back to Nature: Natural Elements in Holiday Decorating and a Potpourri #Recipe

Which scents remind you most of Christmas? For me it has to be the natural smells of cinnamon, cloves, pine leaves, evergreen foliage and spices. I always use natural elements in our Holiday decorating to make our home look, feel and smell like the Holidays! Here are a just a few ways we can all get back to nature in our home, at Christmas and all throughout the year.












Christmas Tour 1


Perfect for any holiday table setting.










norfolk pine in transferware bhg






IMG_9036





Christmas Centerpiece



12.11diy-04



Christmas is the most nostalgic holiday for me because it brings back happy childhood memories and most of those memories relate to beautiful smells. I love using some of the nature that I have collected on walks around my neighborhood or from my garden to make a do-it-yourself potpourri to provide our home with the scent of Christmas.

Getting Back to Nature: Natural Elements in Holiday Decorating and a Potpourri #Recipe

All you need to do is mix all of the following goodies together and sprinkle with 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil and 5 drops of clove essential oil. 

Getting Back to Nature: Natural Elements in Holiday Decorating and a Potpourri #Recipe


A selection of dried natural materials
1⁄4 cup whole cloves
Dried orange slices
1 cup whole allspice
10 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken into pieces
8 small bay leaves
4 whole nutmeg
3 Tbsp star anise
2 Tbsp whole cardamom pods

Present it all in a beautiful vintage bowl.



Your home will be filled with the most beautiful, natural and festive scents of the season with this Winter Potpourri!

I will be sharing this post at a few link ups this week. Click the button to find out where I like to party!



I hope you will try some of these natural, beautiful and chemical-free ways to make your home look, feel and smell like Christmas, not just in December but all year long!



Best Christmas wishes,

Natasha


Please join me each weekend for the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!
You can also visit me at PINTERESTTWITTER, GOOGLE+

13 comments:

  1. What a great post, Natasha! Thank you for sharing all of these inspirational ideas. I definitely saw a couple I'd like to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Vicki. I'm so glad you liked the post. Have a wonderful weekend!

      Best Christmas wishes,
      Natasha

      Delete
  2. I love that these not only look good but must smell amazing too :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does smell amazing Kaz. Thanks for stopping by!

      Best Christmas wishes,
      Natasha

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing and linking up with us at the #WWDParty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post! Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never made my own potpourri, maybe I should try! Looks easy enough!

    Thanks for joining the Link Up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I love some of the ideas...especially the mantle. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pics, I love the Joy in the window. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the natural elements! The candles are perfect!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely ideas, Natasha. I'm going to remember some of these for Christmas. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday last week. Hope to see you again this week. http://3glol.net/2014/06/16/teach-tuesday-3glol-8/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing on Merry Monday Linky! I love a few of these ideas! Especially the pot pourri! Will pin! Julia

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...