Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Getting back to Nature ~ Using Seasonal Items to decorate for the Holidays.

This year I am going to try to not spend any money on new decorations for the Holidays apart from the one ornament we buy for our tree each year. This year my Christmas decor is going to be based around nature and seasonal items which will be sure to give our home a festive feel.




Christmas centerpiece ideas: greens and pinecones






Burlap and Balsalm
BHG





Pine Cone Place Cards via Joanns
Jo-Ann Project: Pine Cone Place Cards

Via www.sheknows.com
Pinecone and berries


Pinecones are a cheap (free!) and rustic way to decorate your home for the holidays. 


Pinecone Tree


String Savvy


Color Coordinating


Pinecone Wreath


Chilly Pinecones

Berry Nice


Elegant Nature



Brawny sugar pinecone swags anchor a mixed-cone garland above the fireplace. Make it yourself with a variable-speed drill and braided picture-hanger wire. Place inverted cones in urns to create quick-and-easy pinecone topiaries.
RELATED: How to Preserve and Clean Pinecones


Enhance wrapped gifts with pinecones and other natural elements — such as cinnamon sticks and winterberries — that are wired in place with gift tags onto velvet ribbon.
RELATED: 15 Great Gift-Wrapping Ideas



Need a centerpiece that takes less than five minutes to make? Just place pine cones in a large bowl and place a hurricane vase holding a candle in the middle.
Get the tutorial at May Days.
RELATED: 15 Beautiful Fall Centerpieces

These pinecones look so festive placed in silver bowls, cups, and candlesticks and sprinkled with glitter.

 Via www.goodhousekeeping.com
Placed in silver bowls, cups, and candlesticks, pinecones become a tabletop forest. Crown each one with a glitter-covered cardboard star.



Wrap silver or clear votive holders in blue velvet ribbon, and hot-glue mini frosted pinecones to the ribbon for a natural touch. Via BHG
Winter-Theme Votive Candles


Pinecone Gnome Ornaments via www.bhg.com
Pinecone Gnome Ornaments







Dangle pinecones from every cabinet door: Form a 12-inch-long ribbon into a loop, and hot-glue to the pinecone's base. Tie another 12-inch-long ribbon into a bow, and hot-glue over the ends of the first ribbon.


It's easy to find yourself smiling during the holidays, but just in case you needed a reminder: Hang a giant, lit up sign displaying this catchy phrase. 
See more at Craft Cuts »


 

I hope you have found some inspirational and beautiful ideas to help you with decorating your home this Christmas!



Best Christmas wishes,

Natasha

24 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post with some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, such beautiful inspiration! I love nature inspired decorating for the holidays - pinecones are a must! And it was so hot and today, this actually looks really refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - I have baskets full and set them all over the house. I just add some cinnamon sticks and oil to them and the smell is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved the simplicity and elegance in natural decorating! Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of your entire blog - Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year and I'm always sad when it's behind us. Your blog keeps it ALWAYS "ahead of us" :)

    Thanks for compiling these ideas! Stopping by from the "We Like to Learn As We Go" link up!

    xox
    Bailey
    http://akabailey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture. I will try to decorate my room using the item you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely and inspiring ideas! We have 12 acres of woods out back so I have no shortage of raw materials! Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great collection of decor! I would love for you to link it up with me this week! http://www.livingbettertogether.com/2013/07/tgif-link-party-no-4_11.html

    Have a great weekend!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love love pine cones! ... so Scandinavian too - right up my alley :D I use pine cones for decor all year around - love the big ones! Miss the small and round ones... Hugs Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I just found your blog today and joined :) I love Christmas too! Stop by and see me sometime at livinglaughingandloving-sarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one of our top 3 favorites this week at our Home{work} Wednesday! Congrats and we hope you'll stop by and grab a button! Loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific ideas using pinecones! They are a very versatile, natural decor item. I have a few that I have rescued before our dog chews them up! Love the Gnomes!
    I am so delighted you shared with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing ideas! Love Christmas decorations! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of great inspiration! The pics you posted are all the ways I enjoy decorating. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ideias maravilhosas, eu amo o natal, parabéns pelo belo blog.
    http://natalparasonhar.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pine cones are just so beautiful and smell wonderful. I might incorporate them into my Christmas decorations this year. http://holidayfluff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your festive blog even though I haven't visited in a while! So many wonderful ideas and lots of inspiration here. Love the pine cones! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Natasha,
    Your blog is better than a magazine. I always so love visiting with you here - it does get me in the Christmas mood (okay...never a very hard thing to do! - But I do love how you express the glory of the season!) Hope all is well with you! I'd love to hear from you!
    Ann
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, Natasha, Congratulations for your blog! Very, very beautiful!
    I put its botton on my blog.
    Thank you for the ideas.
    Lylia

    ReplyDelete
  20. I know this was posted awhile back so the link for the "Pine Cone Place Cards" doesn't work.... do you know where I could go to see how to make those? Thanks so much! Great ideas! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added a new link to that pic to a PDF file for instructions Joshu95. Hope this helps!

      Best Christmas wishes,
      Natasha.

      Delete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...