Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Christmas Cooking ~ Craisin & Yoghurt Muffin Recipe!

Hello Christmas friends! Thank you for stopping by and sharing some Christmas Spirit with me today!

I've also been busy baking this week and I made a delicious batch of Yoghurt Muffins! They have a decidedly Christmas flavour so I thought they would be perfect to share with my Christmas friends!


The recipe comes from the Canadian Living website. The recipe I found is actually for Blueberry muffins but I didn't have any in the house so substituted the berries for craisins. I'm often doing that....


They are also made with a combination of orange rind, cinnamon and nutmeg so they smell just like Christmas!


Here is the recipe for Yogurt Muffins by The Canadian Living Test Kitchen

Ingredients

2-1/4 cups (550 mL) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg (I also added cinnamon to give it an extra boost of Christmas!)
2 eggs
1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange rind
1/4 cup (50 mL) orange juice
1/4 cup (50 mL) vegetable oil
1-1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh blueberries

Preparation:

In large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, orange rind and juice and oil; pour over dry ingredients. Sprinkle with blueberries; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups, filling to top. Bake in centre of 375°F (190°C) oven until golden and tops are firm to the touch, about 25 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack for 2 minutes. Transfer to rack, let them cool and enjoy with your favourite cup of tea!


My choice for today is a nice and strong Irish Breakfast Tea from Twinings, a blend of several black teas, most often Assam teas.


They have been a hit with the kids and have been a tasty addition to their lunch boxes this week. I loved them because they are light, fluffy and moist. I enjoyed one today for morning tea at the bar on my deck.


I recently purchased some vintage Bentwood stools from Sandy at Paint me White for this area.


I had thought about painting them white but now I am thinking of leaving them as is.


What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts! White or Wood?


Either way, they are the perfect height and fit for the area and I love them!


It was so lovely to be in the fresh air overlooking our pool. Gee I can't wait for Summer to arrive!


Well, I think I've had enough of a break. I'd better get back to some more house-work. Please don't forget to let me know your thoughts on my stools!

Best Christmas wishes,

Natasha 

Please join me each weekend for the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!
You can also visit me at PINTERESTTWITTER

26 comments:

  1. That recipe looks so yummy. I have already printed it off and shared it 3 ladies in my office. Thanks and have a marvelous rest of the week.
    Odie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an absolutely fabulous bar area you have there! I just love that it opens up from your kitchen and the stools are perfect. That recipe sounds so yummy too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that area, Natasha. Your muffins look delicious and your pictures are fabulous...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natasha,
    I love both your blogs and am your newest follower here! The muffins look yummy, I could use one with my coffee right now! As much as I like white paited furniture, I am in love with anything cane and really like the stools natural.
    Thanks again for visiting, I'm putting you under my faorites.
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - gorgeous - love the eating area!

    And those muffins look divine under glass!

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those muffins sound so yummy. I have an addiction to the raspberry variety. Love your seating area and your new stools :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just saw this, great idea for kids when it's that time of the year again and the questions starts...
    btw, love your home!
    see you soon, busy unpacking here,
    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh....forgot the link...sorry..
    http://www.cozi.com/live-simply/truth-about-santa

    ReplyDelete
  10. The muffins sound great! Like you say, perfect Christmas flavors:@)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The muffins look delicious (I think I can smell them!!!). Thanks for the recipe. I'm fond of *the natural look* .. especially on cane. Great stools!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your muffins look delsih! Thanks so much for bringing them to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  13. The muffins look delicious Natasha! I will check out your pinning party. It is really busy here, back to school week for the kiddos. Thanks for linking this with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Natasha,
    Thank you so much for joining me for tea today. Your muffins look wonderful and as much as I love to paint everything white, I believe I'm liking your stools just as they are. Have a wonderful week.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yummy muffins!! Thanks for sharing. Ok, this blog is awesome..the thought of Christmas spirit 365 days a year is the best best best thought EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! You make me smile ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello natasha,
    what a fabulous spot to have a tea. Your muffins are so tempting. Thank you for having me for tea. Would love you visit me.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. The recipe looks delicious, one I'll want to try. I didn't realize you had this blog as well, love the idea.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the stools. How wonderful to be able to open the windows and have a pass-thru. Fabulous. Your patio area is so pretty and such a great view of the pool. The muffins look sooooooo good. I would love to be there in some cool weather and enjoy. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow!
    Your muffins look so good!

    Love this post! =}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm... I've never seen Irish Breakfast tea. Sounds good. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh your muffin recipe sounds delicious and what a gorgeous area you have to sit and enjoy!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! New follower! Would love to find some Black Irish tea! OMG! I love tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the stools as is! And what a fun space...to have a window from your kitchen open up to the outside...LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  24. looks like a great space to enjoy your lovely muffins

    ReplyDelete
  25. YUM! Your recipe looks really good! I would love it if you came over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and shared this recipe with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Recently discovered craisins. Love baking with them! Thanks for linking this great recipe up at Muffin Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...