Monday, April 11, 2011

I couldn't stay away....

Thank you so very much to you, my dear blogging friends, for your gentle and loving words of support and friendship. Your advice and wisdom has helped me more than you can imagine.

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. 
Confucious



Since taking this little blogging break I realized that I was not blogging for the reasons that inspired me to blog in the first place. When I started my blog it was for me to give thanks for the people and things that make me happy...





For each new morning with its light,For rest and shelter of the night,For health and food, for love and friends,For everything Thy goodness sends. Ralph Waldo Emerson



I started this blog to take just 5 minutes out of my day to reflect on my many blessings and to find beauty in the every day....

The first step is to find out what you love – and don’t be practical about it. The second step is to start doing what you love immediately, in any small way possible.
Barbara Sher


Aunt Amelia inspired me to believe that it takes courage to make bold changes in one's life and Mya helped me realize that breaking big projects into small steps makes them do-able.


Growth is an erratic forward movement: two steps forward, one step back. Remember that and be very gentle with yourself. 
Julia Cameron 

Many of you have helped me realize that a journey of a thousand miles starts with one small little baby step.


Baby step by baby step, you have what you need right now to start moving in the direction of your happiest dreams.
Marta Davidovich Ockuly


After my holiday at the beach with my family and, more specifically, after watching a stunning sunrise, I had my blogging "aha moment!" I decided that I really do want to blog but from now on I will be doing it on my terms! 

Ideals are like stars: you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the ocean desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny. Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

No more blogging just so I can join in with a linky party or Meme. No more blogging because of guilt. 


No more blogging unless I want to!


Your kind words made me realize that I have invested too much time, love and into this blog of mine to just abandon it completely......


Thank you for that!
Gratitude is the fairest blossom which springs from the soul. Henry Ward Beecher

So, I guess I am saying that I am blogging again and I would be thrilled and very grateful if you could hang in there with me as I begin this new blogging journey!



Best wishes always,



15 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back and I like your terms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natasha,
    I agree with your path completely! I also had slowed down due to illness and I realized I was enjoying it way more by not trying to make a party my weekly goal. While doing this I have been focusing more on photography which is what I would like to do more of anyway. It has made it so much more fun and less stress. Have fun and it will pay off and inspire. So glad to hear from you.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way Natasha!!! Once when blogging I said to my Daughter "what will everyone thin?" and she replied...it doesn't matter, it's your blog...your words just re-enforce it all even more...Welcome back Christmas Gal...Dzintra

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Natasha,
    It is sooooooooooo good to see your pretty name on screen again. You were missed and I fully understand where you are coming from. It is way to easy to fall prey to the guilty feelings and mundane desires to fit a pattern. Just be Natasha and know we are happy to have you back in the family.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, so glad you're back Natasha!!! I think it's easy to let blogging overwhelm you with all the linky parties and the whole followers thing but it should be fun otherwise it's not worth it:)

    It's good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, so glad you're back Natasha!!! I think it's easy to let blogging overwhelm you with all the linky parties and the whole followers thing but it should be fun otherwise it's not worth it:)

    It's good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I didn't take you off my sidebar!
    I have a friend who does not blog, but reads all the blogs in my sidebar. She called to tell me she would miss you! I told her you would be back! I was right!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are back again :)

    The first picture in this post is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natasha,
    I am so glad that you have returned to blog . I can understand what you are going through because we all get caught up in blogging and it becomes more important then living the life we want to blog about!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy you are back! I, too, am entering a new phase with my blogging now that I'm working again; like yourself, I have decided to "blog for me" when I feel like it, and to stop worrying about how many followers and comments I have, and how many linkies and parties I am participating in. I am looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do whatever you can WHEN you can... And do it for yourself. No pressure. Blogging can sometimes become an all-consuming endeavor. placing too much pressure on us if we let it. Do it for yourself and stay content.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am happy you will keep blogging. I sometimes have caught myself using a whole evening at the computer. I don't do that anymore, I got too caught up in it.
    I feel just like you do.
    Glad you are back.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh good! I am glad you have come back. I always enjoy seeing your new posts. I agree that blogging should be enjoying not a job unless you are making money :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad that you are still blogging. I really have enjoyed reading your posts. You're right about it taking up so much of your time..family time is more important, but I'll wait for your posts when you're ready, because I know they will be worth waiting for. It is a bit of pressure sometimes trying to decide what you want to post about and then it's not quite as fun which to me, it should be enjoyable. Glad you had your "aha moment" and came back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,
    I am glad you are back again.
    The pictures are lovely!
    Xoxo,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...