Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Song-God Bless us Everyone!

One of my favourite Christmas songs is from the Disney movie A Christmas Carol which was released last year. It was performed by the incredibly talented Andrea Bocelli  and it is called "God Bless us Everyone". The song's title comes from a line spoken by Tiny Tim in the original story of  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

Tiny Tim is a fictional character in the classic story. He is the son of Bob Cratchit. It is claimed that the character is based on the invalid son of a friend of Dickens who owned a cotton mill in Ardwick, Manchester. Source. When Scrooge is visited by The Ghost of Christmas Present he is shown just how ill Tim really is, and that Tim will die unless he receives treatment. When visited by The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come all he sees of Tim is his crutch because Tim has died. This, and several other visions, lead Scrooge to reform his ways.


In the story, Tiny Tim is known for the statement, "God bless us, every one!," which he offers as a blessing at Christmas dinner. Dickens repeats the phrase at the end of the story.

Please enjoy "God Bless Us Everyone" performed by Andrea Bocelli over the end credits for the Disney film A Christmas Carol. 


NB Just click on the pause button on the ipod on the sidebar to stop the carols playing!




To read more about A Christmas Carol please click here to visit Ann Nichol's beautiful blog ST NICHOLAS AND CHRISTMAS and to join in with my weekly Pinning & Singing Pinterest Party link-up, please click here.





Blessings and best wishes,

20 comments:

  1. Hi Natasha,
    I loved this movie.
    Thanks and hugs,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this the most fantastic Christmassy story? I love The Muppets Christmas Carol!! I love watching it as a family.

    As always I LOVE your blog, Natasha. It brings be a cray amount of happiness whenever I come here. Thank you.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great blog -- I adore Christmas, and all things Christmas related! Mind if I follow along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog!!

    Greetings from Sweden

    http://julaftonsmorgon.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and how fun that you entered the challenge=)
    XX
    Dorpan

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of my very favorite holiday stories. Your blog is getting me in the Christmas mood.

    God bless us all, everyone. La

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natasha, thank you! Do you understand Swedish or do you use like google translate?
    Winter Wonderland is a great song indeed. Cheers, Therése.

    goteborgsjul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love Andrea Bocelli! I saw him live about 9 years ago and my husband and I are going to see him again on December 10th...I can't wait! This looks like a wonderful movie:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to see that movie sooo bad last year but never made it to the theater. I can't wait to watch it on DVD. I just knew it was going to be a good movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Natasha!

    Thanks for following Twelve Days of Creative Christmas!

    I love your Christmas posts, they are wonderful!

    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a great week!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful. I saw the movie last year, and loved it!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Andrea Bocelli has a beautiful voice and we went to see this movie at the theater last year with my grandchildren and we loved it. I have a collection of different Scrooge movies and enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the best Christmas Carol

    http://hannelestraditioner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Natasha!
    You always make me smile! My but wouldn't we have fun doing Christmas things together if we lived a bit closer (even on the same continent would be nice!) Isn't this just the greatest story! In all its many versions!Thanks so much for the link! Will email you soon with an idea!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for helping me to get into the spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how I love A Christmas Carol. We went to see it Springer Theater in Columbus Georgia last year, and it was fabulous! I love every version I have seen, I will have to watch this one this year. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my darlin'
    this is such a H*A*P*P*Y place...
    i am home...xoxox...rosie

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't seen the Disney version yet. Thanks for the reminder...I must rent this for my family and I.

    I absolutely ADORE Christmas movies!! I just watched Bill Murray's Scrooged last week. Another fun version of this movie. Love it!!

    I am enjoying your Christmas music:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. From Italy ...i have to tell you: I love Xmas...and now your blog too!!Ciao

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...