Monday, November 15, 2010

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

Are you looking for some new and interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts this year? If so, have a look at some of these gorgeous suggestions from all around the world!

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

In Japan there is a tradition to present gifts in a wrapping cloth called “Furoshiki”.

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1), Furoshiki

This is such an important part of life and culture in Japan that the Ministry of the Environment Government of Japan has even posted a PDF guide on using cloth for wrapping gifts. This is such an environmentally friendly way to wrap gifts as you will be cutting down on the paper that is used for gift wrapping and the cloth that is used can then be re-purposed! How nifty and thrifty is that!?

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1), Furoshiki


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)



Martha Stewart has a great idea to use vintage Christmas linens to wrap unusually-shaped items.  Try to find inexpensive sets of napkins and handkerchiefs at yard sales, estate sales, and markets.


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)






It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


Some Aussie Bloggers have some great gift wrapping ideas. Have you wrapped using aluminium foil or baking paper before? Have a look at these ideas from Mondo Cherry!


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


You can't wrong using the good old brown paper! Look at these ideas from Sania Pell of The Homemade Home


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)



The Martha Stewart Website has these great ideas for wrapping with craft paper.


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)



This is a beautiful idea from another Aussie, Adelle.com.au

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


My American friends I'm sure already know that Country Living is always full of fabulous ideas-just look at these!



It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


And here is some more Christmas inspiration from the Martha Stewart Website .

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

These gift tags have been made with recycled Christmas cards.

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)




These gifts have been wrapped in artwork created by the kids and they have been decorated with pipe cleaners, string and ribbon.


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)




I particularly love this idea. As Martha says,
Biodegradable stuffing cushions small, fragile items just as well as plastic bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts, a recycler's worst nightmare.


It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)


Finally, here are some other beautiful ideas that I found from online!

Google Images

It's a Wrap: Interesting ways to wrap your Christmas and Holiday gifts (part 1)

So, whether your beautifully wrapped gifts are stacked under your Christmas tree, mailed to your loved ones or hand delivered to your family and friends on Christmas day, I hope you find some of these Christmas wrapping ideas might help to make your Christmas gift exchange extra-special and memorable this year!



Best Christmas wishes,

Natasha


Please join me each weekend for the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!
You can also visit me at PINTERESTTWITTER, GOOGLE+

51 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I love the 4U and the burlap wrapped ideas especially. I also loved the from my kitchen to your belly.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is the Christmas cloths...because after you open the gift, you get to also keep the pretty cloth! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute gift wrapping ideas! Thanks for posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Natasha,
    All the ideas are nice but the one from Japan I love it. It's great that we can learn new things all the time.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NAtasha...good morning (here it's 9.30 am)....this is a great post with great ideas...THANK U!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All beautiful ideas Natasha! Now I just need to get the gifts:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natasha,
    thank you for sharing this nice ideas with us. Wrapping is every year a theme. We have in Germany a lot of wonderful printed Christmas paper. But after unwrapping the living room looked almost like a garbage dump. So we decided to chance the way of wrapping. I will post about it in December.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natasha,

    Thanks so much for sharing these wonderful ideas for wrapping.

    Happy Monday! La

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! A ton of inspiration here. I like all of the unexpected ways the gifts are wrapped - just the kind of inspiration I was looking for. Thanks for linking up! Have a great week...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Natasha,
    Fabulous. Love that tag that reads, "From my Kitchen, to your Belly." Too funny. Lots of great ideas in your post today. Thanks for sharing.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved looking at all the beautiful gift wrapping ideas! I never would have thought to use doilies or recycled Christmas cards...and Martha Stewart is the queen of decorating! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many wonderful ideas. I think "4U" is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo the white is my favorite! I also love the blue and white gift. I love seeing all of the different ideas, thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The 4 U is my pick! Love the paper rosette packages, as well. They are all great ideas. Can't wait to wrap Christmas gifts, this year. Thanks for the inspiration!
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Natasha. I've been stopping by every now and then for a little while but thought it was high time to tell you how much I love this blog. A trip to Canada at Christmas time in 2006 changed the way I view Christmas and now I love enjoying the whole season. Your blog certainly helps me do that, so many fantastic ideas and inspiration all in one place! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, those are so beautiful! Love the popcorn around the bowl packaging idea! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holy Cow- My in-laws are the best wrappers ever and now with all these ideas I may just blow their minds this year!!!! Thanks so much for those. WOW- love it!
    Love
    D

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it all! I am considering making some small table cloths (tea cloths) and wrapping some of my gifts in these. And I definitely took note of some of the "packing peanut" alternatives; those foam peanuts are awful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a boatload of cute ideas...love that shirt all wrap up!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lots of great ideas for wrapping gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun ideas - I am always drawn to Martha Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some excellent ideas. I LOVE the butterflies. I have a cute butterfly punch I could do that with. I also love the simple kraft paper with pretty ribbons.

    Thanks for sharing the Christmas Spirit with us and thank you so much for reading Words of Me Project. I appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so sweet,thank you! I´m sorry you didn´t win this time. But please join in for my next giveaway. I´ll post it today or tomorrow at the latest.
    www.julistan.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wrapping the presents is about the only aspect of Christmas that I really do not enjoy, but some of the ideas could change my attitude on the subject. Thank you for sharing.
    CAS

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is awesome! I would love for you to come link up at our Strut Your Stuff Party!

    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love furoshiki - it's great to see you post about them. And what an impressive compilation of gift wrapping ideas in general! I hope your Christmas gift wrapping process is a fun one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Natasha,

    First of all, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! Thanks for the inspiration, these are great. I am all about brown paper, dress it up with glitter tags and a satin bow, nothing prettier!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun post. I always try to have a different wrapping theme every year. Thanks for sharing all of these great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This was really a journey around peoples creativity.

    All the best to you!

    http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2010/11/pink-saturday-hat.html

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love those butterflies. Happy Pink Saturday. Hey, I'm having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really love the burlap idea and the initials! Fun post. :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! These are some great ideas! Didn't even know you had this blog. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wonderful! My mother has been using many of the ideas using recycled papers, cloth, lace, ribbon and whatever forever! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What an amazing collection of ideas. I am really drawn to the brown paper wrapping and I adored the 4 U tags added on. I love to make my wrapping for special friends unusual. Thanks for all of the wonderful ideas for Pink Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Soooooo many wonderful gift wrapping ideas-thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Natasha,
    What a clever and inspiring post. I love all the wrapping inspiration, it's my favorite thing to do. This post is too wonderful to put in the archives. Let me know I would love to put a link to this on my sidebar of my Christmas blog.

    You are so inspiring, and I am so glad that I found you and your numerous inspirational blogs.
    karen

    ReplyDelete
  37. great ideas!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those were some of the best ideas I ever seen! Great job of picking the best of the best!
    Have a fantastic weekend!
    xo Tami

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi, I just found your blog through Pink Saturday and love it.

    These are all such great ideas, thanks for the PDF file, I'm sure going to use some of these ideas, they are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow they make my envelope with a check in it look really plain....lol..I love all those ideas to make your package look like a gift too. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  41. So many great ideas for "green" wrappings!! Thanks for all of the info! Hope you had a great Pink Sat! dana

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my this is fabulous! Of course i am digging the too cute white and burlap ideas!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  43. These are really great and gets the mind working. I love the post, thanks for sharing these ideas. Happy PS
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  44. Happy Pink Saturday ! I hope your Thanksgiving was full
    of family, friends, and fabulous friends. All the wrapping photos are just lovely. I have enjoyed my
    visit to your beautiful blog. Have a wonderful new week.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Fabulous post, Natalie. This is the best part for me....wrapping the gifts and trying new ideas each year. Thank you for so many wonderful ideas. I will have fun with some of these. Love your blog....keep em coming. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete
  46. These are such great ideas. It really inspired me! Thanks for sharing. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  47. What can I say, Natasha? I love them all, and I love presents.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a huge, wonderful assortment of pictures and reference you have here!!! love it.
    I came over from PK: this is a fun linky party, no?

    ReplyDelete
  49. Questo commento lo scrivo in italiano perche' mi riesce meglio......che pacchetti meravilgiosi!!!!!!
    Cri.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Beautiful wrapping ideas. Thanks - Visiting from SumosSweetStuff linkup

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...