Saturday, October 9, 2010

PINK Christmas Gifts That Give Back!

A couple of weeks ago I had a fabulous time looking at all of the Christmas displays that are in the stores at the moment and I blogged about it here. I have also been exploring Christmas decorations from all around the world and one thing that I noticed very quickly is that Christmas is looking very PINK this year!





The other thing that I noticed was that many stores are selling decorations that somehow benefit others. For example, John Lewis in the UK is selling these beautiful baubles that  were made in Kashmir with money from the baubles helping with community projects in Kashmir. They are only £3.50 each!


Neiman Marcus has some gorgeous PINK decorations this year including this beautiful crystal pink ribbon ornament. It is made in the USA and it is rather expensive  at $95 but Steuben will donate 5% of all sales of this ornament to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.




The Susan G Komen site is full of beautiful Christmas goodies and 25 percent of your purchase price will be donated to Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in the fight against breast cancer. At only $10 each you could buy one for every member of the family!


$10




$10


$12
The Pink Ribbon Shop has beautiful Christmas decorations and The Pink Ribbon Shop carries many items whose manufacturer and/or distributor makes a moneary donation to breast cancer-related organizations based on the sale of those items.


Pink Ribbon Ornament


Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Ribbon Ornament


Australians can buy a set of Hallmark Pink Ribbon Boxed Christmas cards and 10% of the wholesale value will go to the National Breast Cancer Foundation and the The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation.






Chocolatier Australia is in partnership with the NBCF this year too. Donations will be made from sale of the following items:

• 40 cents from 230g Pink Chocolate Assortment
• 20 cents from 115g Pink Chocolate Assortment
• 10 cents from the sale of every Tin of Strawberry Blush.


Isn't it nice to know that this Christmas the presents we buy our friends and family can do double duty! Not only will they bring joy to whomever you give them to, but they will also help make the world a bit brighter too, by raising money for worthwhile causes!


Happy Christmas shopping and happy PINK Saturday!








Blessings and best wishes,

21 comments:

  1. I agree that there is a lot of pink out there for this coming holiday season and i say "YIPPEE" to that!!

    HPS!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yum; lots and lots of pink! I love it! I love those cards and the Christmas ornies are lovely too; all for a wonderful cause! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pinks!

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pink post. I also tied my post to breast cancer awareness.

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post of yours...I am a bit partial to all of your pink ornaments!!! Off to check some of your sites out to purchase some pink for my tree!!

    http://melody-mae.blogspot.com/2010/10/think-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is great to see all these places that donate toward wonderful causes around the holidays. Lovely photos.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pinks - love the trees in the first photo. Happy Pink Saturday.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Natasha!
    I love this post.
    Hugs,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - a woman of my own heart! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm now a follower of you too. Got to love Christmas! Love the tunes coming out of my computer speakers as I type to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great ideas! And how nice that so many companies are donating part of their profits to such worthy causes.
    But other than this, pink mixed in with the traditional Christmas colors is really pretty!
    Thanks for this!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving your PINK post....Thank You- Thank You!
    Melts my heart!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I do LOVE pink! It is such a soft and beautiful color. I love that a lot of people are helping others. That is a blessing and a perfect time to show a giving spirit. I hope it is catchy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sooo sorry I'm a day late but my heart is in it..Beautiful post and ideas here Natasha...And what a Sweetie you are to stop by my blog~
    Hope your Sunday was blessed and your new week is too.. As my Super~Hubb's reminds me,, " Each day is a new life in Christ" and thats just how we need to feel huh???
    May God keep shinning His lingering Light on you and yours as your trust in Him~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice you keep the christmas spirit alive.......
    Love your nutcrackers, I have a couple myself and I love them.
    Fine day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well it's not Saturday, but I love this post about Pink, it truly is a beautiful color and brings many thoughts to mind during Christmas and how people are helping each other. Thanks for sharing!

    Where ever did you find all these pinks decorations by the way? Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Natasha, thanks for your comment on Little Gumnut! I'm suddenly waking up to the fact that we're halfway through Oct and I haven't started thinking about prep for Christmas yet!! Gulp! Will be following, hoping to get some great tips :)
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for showing me all of these decorations and gifts that give part of the proceeds to good causes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Again Natasha!
    Really like this posting! Isn't Pink one of the best colors!!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my... I love your Christmas blog and the music is so nice. Happy belated Pink Saturday to you and yours. ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...