Friday, September 17, 2010

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe

Hello dear Christmas friends! Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365.

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


This week I have been baking for the holidays. Baking batches of Christmas cookies is a wonderful tradition in the USA but it isn't a such a big Christmas tradition here in Australia because it is just too hot to have the oven on all day! I do try to make a few cookies at Christmastime,though. as they make wonderful gifts. This year I was thinking of making a big batch of these Eggnog cookies and packaging them on Christmas plates as gifts for my family and friends.


Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


They are really delicious and so easy to make. All you need is:

1 c. butter

3/4 c. sugar

1 egg

2 tsp. vanilla

2 tsp. rum extract

1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour

1/4 cup custard powder

2 tsp. nutmeg (fresh if available)

1/4 tsp. salt

Powdered sugar

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365

Cream butter, gradually adding sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and rum extracts. Sift together flour, nutmeg and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to cream mixture. Shape into 1 inch balls or put mixture through a cookie press.

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365

Place on cookie sheet (ungreased) and bake in a preheated oven (180/350 degrees) for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from sheet and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365

I enjoyed mine with a nice hot cup of Chai Latte served in a Pottery Christmas mug that I bought in London.

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365

Yum!

Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365


Christmas Cooking ~ Eggnog Cookie Recipe via Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive 365

I hope you give this recipe a try. They are delicious any time of the year but they are fabulous cookie for the
Most Wonderful time of the Year!!

Happy baking and best wishes for a wonderful weekend!

Natasha


Please join me each weekend for the Say G'day Saturday Linky Party!
You can also visit me at PINTERESTTWITTER, GOOGLE+

30 comments:

  1. Yum Yum..give me some..or maybe I will make my own! These look awesome...now off to look at this site a bit closer! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am simply in love with your blog! Way cute!! Hope you will stop by
    Simple As 1-2-3

    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these just look like a "happy tummy" as my grand-daughter would say!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natasha, is there any substitute in the States for custard powder? Would vanilla pudding do? I love anything nutmeg. What a cute blog you have going on here! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I found my cookie for our cookie exchange in December. This will be perfect! Yum!
    Thank you joining in on our party!
    Hugs~
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so scrumptious any time of year. We will be trying them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natasha,
    Those cookies look so YUMMY! I once made egg nogg pudding that didn't look great but was delicious. Thanks for joining my party again this week!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joni,

    I had a quick look at what other people have said about custard powder and quite a few have said the ingredients are very similar to a North American Vanilla Pudding Mix. I would love to know if this works if you try it!

    Thanks so much for visiting!
    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look really good, I have never seen this recipe. I may have to try them this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love egg nog...so these would be a special treat for me!!! I don't think I'd wait just for Christmas tho [it's not that cold of a season where I live either!]

    YUM!

    My Show n Tell this week...LINK

    Have a super Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh those cookies look so yummy Natasha. I will definitely make some soon :) Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Hugs

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Natasha,
    These sound and look so yummy!!Thanks for sharing!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look great - but believe me, sometimes it's too hot here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Natasha-Now some people don't like music on blogs, but I have to say you got me FIRED UP with your happy music!! :) These cookies sound yummy! I did a party on Wednesdays last year called Deck the Halls for us to link our decorations and ideas. Keep it in mind! I'll be doing a post about it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love eggnog. Love cookies. This recipe has it all going on!
    Love Christmas too...off to check out more of your blog. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmm that looks so good!! I'll definitely give them a try this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your lovely eggnog cookies just got added to my to do Christmas list. Actually, I think these might also be great to serve for our Thanksgiving holiday too. Thanks for sharing these.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Natasha,
    You have the cutiest posts!
    The cookie treat looks yummy!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  19. The recipe looks wonderful, can't wait to try it! Your blog is precious, I swear I smell hot cocoa and something delicious baking in the oven coming out of this computer!
    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delicious cookie! I love eggnog and can't wait for the holidays to see all the different flavors, YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow! I never would have thought of eggnog as a cookie...how YUM! I can't wait to try some!! I am totaly loving your blog..I can't wait to go through and check out the rest! I'm happy to be your newest follower and I'd love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your creations up at my link party - Fabulous Friday Finds! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cannot wait to try these...a Christmas cookie I have never heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just discovered your Christmas Blog. I have been out of the country for two weeks and way behind before that. I love this recipe and will try it as soon as egg nog is out in the stores this season.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! Loved the post.
    I put his button in my blog.
    Kiss,
    Lila

    ReplyDelete
  25. My son loves "the nog." He'll love these.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  26. Natasha, I never thought about the baking aspect of Christmas and how it would be different there! Blogging is so educational!
    Yes, it is such a part of it here, starts before Tgiving , freezer full of lovely little cookies to grace the trays all during the season!
    I know you said you got to the beach for a picnin for Cmas. Any special foods?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my, these look so yummy! I can't wait to try them.

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  28. WHY have I not seen this before?????????? I LOVE your Christmas blog!!!! And that cookie recipe sounds SO good!! Will DEFIANTLY give it a go!!! (but waht does c. stand for? Cup? It says 1 c. butter, or is that a really silly question? Just got a bit confused as it does say cup for custard powder)

    I WILL be back :)

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself...
Norman Wesley Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas," 1976

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...